Kongsberg is a town in the Norwegian province of Kongsberg. On Wednesday, a man armed with a bow and arrows killed five people and injured two more in southeastern Norway, police said, adding that the suspect had been apprehended.
The attack, which took place in multiple locations throughout Kongsberg’s town centre, lacked a clear reason, although authorities said terrorism could not be ruled out.
Five individuals were slain, according to police spokesman Oyvind Aas. He told a news conference that the two wounded were in critical care units in hospitals but that their lives did not appear to be in danger.An off-duty police officer was among the injured, having been in a store, one of several locations targeted.
“The man who performed this conduct has been apprehended by the police, and there is just one person involved, according to our information,” Aas stated. “Given how events developed,” he continued, “it is natural to examine if this is a terrorist attack,” adding that “all alternatives were open.” The suspect has only been identified as a 37-year-old Danish citizen living in Kongsberg, contradicting early broadcast reports that the perpetrator was a Norwegian male.
“We decided to confirm this information because many rumours were circulating on social networks about the perpetrator of the attack, some [implicating] people who have no connection with these serious acts,” said a police statement issued Wednesday night.
Continue Reading on Spot Latest