A traffic advisory has been issued by the Delhi Police ahead of Sunday’s Independence Day celebrations at the landmark Red Fort, from where Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the country. Commuters are advised to avoid particular routes while formal functions are taking place, according to the notice.
Here are some of the routes that will be impacted due to Independence Day limitations, as well as additional restrictions:
1. From 4 a.m. to 10 a.m., traffic surrounding the Red Fort will be closed to the general public. In the area, only authorized cars will be permitted.
2. Eight roads will be closed to the general public from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. Netaji Subhash Marg, SP Mukherjee Marg, Lothian Road, Chandni Chowk Road, Nishad Raj Marg, Esplanade Road from Rajghat to ISBT, Ring Road from ISBT to Indraprastha flyover, and Outer Ring Road from ISBT to Indraprastha flyover are among them.
3.C-Hexagon India Gate, Copernicus Marg, Mandi House, Sikandra Road, Tilak Marg, Mathura Road, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, Subhash Marg, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Ring Road from Nizamuddin Bridge to ISBT, and Outer Ring Road from IP flyover bypass to ISBT through Salimgarh should be avoided by vehicles without parking labels.
4. To cross the Yamuna-Pushta Road-GT Road, commuters from Aurobindo Marg-Safdarjung Road, Connaught Place-Minto Road, and Nizamuddin Bridge will have to take alternative routes from Aurobindo Marg-Safdarjung Road, Connaught Place-Minto Road, and Nizamuddin Bridge.
5. Alternative routes from DND-NH24-Vikas Marg, Vikas Marg-DDU Marg, and Boulevard Road-Baraf Khana can be taken to reach the east-west corridor.
6. The bridge connecting Geeta Colony and Shantivan will be closed. Vehicles are not permitted to use Lower Ring Road between ISBT Kashmere Gate and Shantivan, as well as between IP flyover and Rajghat.
7. The ban on goods vehicle travel on the Nizamuddin and Wazirabad bridges took effect at midnight on August 14 and will be removed at 11 a.m. on Sunday.
8. Inter-state buses will be prohibited from using the Maharana Pratap and Sarai Kale Khan ISBTs from midnight on August 14 to 11 a.m. on August 15. DTC buses are unable to operate between ISBT and the NH-24/NH T-point on Ring Road during this time.
9. Buses that stop at the Red Fort, Jama Masjid, and the New Delhi train station will be rerouted. After 10 a.m., normal services will resume. Alternative routes to railway stations, bus terminals, and hospitals near the I-Day function will, nevertheless, be available.
10. Paragliders, hang gliders, paramotors, UAVs, remotely piloted aircraft, hot air balloons, quadcopters, and other para-gliders, hang gliders, paramotors, UAVs, remotely piloted aircraft, hot air balloons, quadcopters, and other para-gliders, hang gliders, hang gliders, paramotors, UAVs, remotely piloted aircraft, hot air balloons, quadcopters, and other para Cameras, binoculars, handbags, briefcases, transistors, cigarette lighters, tiffin boxes, water bottles, lunch boxes, umbrellas, and remote control car keys are also not permitted.
Continue Reading on Spot Latest