After the two weeks of the Indian Premier League, on the top of the table are Rajasthan Royals (RR) with six points to their names out of the four clash matches, winning three and losing one. The Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) stand on the second pedestal with four wins and two losses out of the five encounters in IPL 2022. Gujarat Titans, the brand new team, is the only one that hasn’t lost a single match out of the three, marking their way to the third IPL standing. Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Mumbai Indians (MI) have lost their ranking by consecutively losing four matches.
These five IPL matches have some of the most iconic moments of the 2022 championship:
- CSK VS RCB (April 12, Match 22, At DY Patil Stadium) – The most exciting clash has always been with Royal Challengers Bangalore competing with Chennai Super Kings. Although CSK hasn’t won a single match this season, the fans always have high expectations from the duo. Players like Ambati Rayadu, skipper Ravinder Jadeja, and Rituraj Gaikwad still keep the admirers on their toes. RCB had their triumph over Mumbai with the excellent player assists of Wanindu Hasaranga and young Anuj Rawat in the league.
- RR VS GT (April 14, Match 24, DY Patil Stadium) – This was one of the most competitive clashes of the season; with RR in form, Gujarat gave them an equal face-off challenge. Rajasthan has a powerful line-up with Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson, and Shimron Hetmyer. Gujarat has Gill on the roll, at the top of the order, skipper Hardik Pandya has been playing the leading role, and Rahul Tewatia has been doing the finishing job. He also has the best IPL 2022 bowling line-up.
- SRH VS KKR (April 15, Match 25, Brabourne Stadium) – Hyderabad had a disheartening start at the beginning of this season with two consecutive losses before thumping Chennai by eight wickets and marking its way in the IPL ranking. SRH has some fresh talent in batting and bowling, with young blood Abhishek Sharma and Rahul Tripathi waiting for their play. In their last match, Kolkata went down to Delhi to fight back; with players like Shreyas Iyer, Umesh Yadav, Varun Chakravarthy, and Sunil Narine in fine form, KKR had the bowling to trouble Hyderabad.
- MI VS LSG (April 26, Match 26, Brabourne Stadium) – With four total defeats in the league so far, five-time champions Mumbai Indians have been severely dented. On their day, MI still had skipper Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, and Suryakumar Yadav win it single-handedly. Tilak Varma was also excellent with the bat. Despite losing to Rajasthan, they cannot get satisfied against MI. Lucknow seems to have injured MI with its playoffs.
- DC vs RCB (April 16, Match, Wankhede Stadium) – Delhi has been unstable in IPL 2022 so far, winning two and losing two. Against KKR, they had a win; Prithvi Shaw and David Warner won many hearts. Shardul Thakur and Axar Patel played well at the ending credits. The teams clashed twice in IPL 2021, and both matches had a nail-biting finish. DC vs RCB always promises unexpected events in all the matches.
IPL is one of the most-watched sports in India, with more than 10 crore viewers regularly. The thrill and anticipation of fans touch the sky when their favourite teams battle for the one World Cup that, unfortunately, only one team can hold.